The Four Phase Plan
A Logistic Concept developed with our 4 phase plan provides a groundwork for a future development of your company in the intralogistics division. In order to devise the perfect solution for your company’s future, it is fundamentally important to understand and identify your business’ opportunities and capabilities and to define the boundary parameters, we are planning in.
Topics in the basic evaluation:
- Building plot and its possible restrictions (development plan)
- Inventory of the actual logistic processes
- Analyse the current logistic key figures
- Understanding for the planned development of your company
The basic evaluation forms the basis for the entire logistics concept.
This can be achieved through one or more workshops specific to your company.
During the concept development phase potential variants are created.
In this procedure, the previous outcomes are analysed, evaluated and illustrated in a material flow diagram. Here the first layouts are designed, and technologies are set for an economic and efficient future for material flow.
Topics of the concept development:
- Forecast of required storage capacities and expected material flows
- Validation of the available data and development of the material flow layout
- Definition of the future target processes
- Selection of suitable systems and technologies for conveying, storage and picking
- Analysis of the necessary charge carriers
- Development of the layout variants
The result of the concept development is the comparison of the variants and the definition of a target concept.
During this time, the chosen variation will be planned. The concept will be finalized, and the necessary logistic processes will be illustrated in the IT-Setting. The existing IT structure will be taken up, additionally the interface between the existing ERP system and a possible warehouse management system will be defined.
Implementation planning issues:
- Setting up the quantity structure
- Interface matrix between ERP system and warehouse management system
- Concept solutions for all individual trades
- Implementation of the cost and benefit analysis
- Design of the workstations with simulation
- Moving concept
The result of the implementation planning is a detailed CAD layout and a description of the future warehouse processes.
Workshops, so that the best solution wins
In our experience, workshops are an excellent opportunity to develop the new logistics concept with the right people.In addition to developing the technical solution, it is equally important to take the right team with you on the journey. After all, people who have actively contributed to a solution themselves will support it much more intensively during implementation than if you are only presented with a finished concept.Each phase of the Four Phase Plan includes at least one workshop, the number of workshops depending on the exact task at hand. We are happy to support you in considering the composition of the team. Arrange your free telephone appointment
'If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.' African proverb
What benefits do you have
As a general contractor we are system integrators. This means that we integrate the appropriate subsystems for our customers, such as conveyor systems, racks, robots, etc. into a suitable overall concept. You can benefit from our market knowledge in your planning project.
Avoid wrong decisions by interacting with our expertise in warehouse management systems and process optimization.
An external view is often helpful to identify and question entrenched and ineffective processes.
Filtering out the right ones from the multitude of existing transaction data, order data and master data can be a real challenge. Our experience is especially helpful when analyzing more complex processes.
Especially the new construction of complex logistics facilities requires a good spatial imagination. The use of Virtual Reality methods can be a good support for the imagination.
The effort required for the realignment of logistics should not be underestimated. To leave enough time for your daily business, we can take over work packages from you.
What we plan we also build. We plan as thoroughly as if we were building. Get to know us and then decide freely whether we should build your logistics centre.
Not only the opinion of your employees is important, but also yours. For this reason, it helps, especially in workshops, to be supported by an external moderator, i.e. by us.
Important in a planning process is the exact documentation of results and interim results. With the help of our proven documentation structure, we can record the planning results in a clean and clear manner.
- Selecting an order picking system
- Storage and retrieval machine versus shuttle
- Modern IT and automation concepts for Logistics 4.0
- Stationary Conveyors versus Automated Guided Vehicles
- Digital twin in intralogistics - vision and reality